Roasted peppers with mozzarella,
basil + capers
A new addition to an antipasto style lunch - I like it with plates of charcuterie, zesty avocado guacamole, olives + whatever else you think may work for a leisurely lunch!
Thank you @Juliaostro for another top recipe.
4 large red capsicums (about 1.2kg)
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil - plus extra to drizzle
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
small handful of basil leaves, plus extra to serve
2 tbsp salted capers, rinsed + drained
I small garlic clove, very thinly sliced
2 x 125g buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn (not in my photo sorry!)
sea salt and freshly ground
grilled sourdough bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 80C fan forced (195C conventional). Place the capsicums on a tray lined
with baking paper + roast them in the oven until they are blackened all over + soft (about
2. Place capsicums in a strainer with a bowl underneath + cover with a plate or tray to allow them
to steam a little.
3. When cool enough to handle, peel them, discarding the skin as well as any seeds and membrane.
Try to keep the capsicum pieces as large as possible.
4. Place capsicums in a non- reactive container + pour over the olive oil + vinegar. Add the basil, capers + garlic. Gently turn the capsicums so they're well coated and allow to marinate, at room temperature, for at least 30 minutes, but ideally 2 hours.
5. Arrange the capsicums onto a serving plate, then pour the marinade - including the basil, capers + garlic - back over them. Add the roughly torn buffalo mozzarella + scatter over some more basil leaves.
Drizzle with the extra olive oil + season with salt and pepper.
Serve with the grilled bread.